Hereford Galvanizers has recently galvanized the support structure for the six bells of the church of Abbeydore in Herefordshire.
The original Cistercian monastery was built in 1147 but was allowed to fall into disrepair following the dissolution. The church was rebuilt in 1633 and has remained in use for regular worship ever since. The bells were last hung in 1911 from the original now 400 year-old timber frame and consequently both bells and frame needed some attention.
The bells have now been retuned and repaired but it was considered that the timber frame was no longer stable enough to support them. This required a new steel frame to be fabricated which was galvanized to ensure its durability.